RusHydro

RusHydro is the largest hydro-generating company in Russia and the second largest in the world in terms of installed capacity. The company is central to the development of eco-friendly, renewable electricity generation in Russia (including hydro, wind, tidal, geo-thermal and small-scale hydro production).

As of September 1, 2009, RusHydro’s installed capacity totaled 25,336.6 MW, including 6,400 MW at Sayano-Shushensk GES. The company is actively working to address the consequences of the accident that occurred at Sayano-Shushensk GES on August 17, 2009.

The company’s shares are included in both the MICEX and RTS exchanges’ “A1” quotation lists. RusHydro’s depositary receipts (Level 1 ADR/144A GDR program) are traded on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market. RusHydro’s shares are also included in the MSCI Emerging Markets and MSCI Russia indexes.

As of December 1, 2009, the government holds a majority 60.37% stake in the RusHydro through the Federal Property Management Agency , while minority shareholders hold the remaining 39.63%.